Thursday, February 22, 2018

Breath










                                     I died from minerality and became vegetable;
                                   And From vegetativeness I died and became animal.
                                   I died from animality and became man.
                                  Then why fear disappearance through death?
                                  Next time I shall die
                                  Bringing forth wings and feathers like angels;
                                  After that, soaring higher than angels -
                                  What you cannot imagine,
                                   I shall be that.

                                  Rumi was a 13 century Persian poet and mystic.

5 comments:

  1. Hello there .. thank you for stopping by and I'm glad my very serious frog amused you ? LOL .. I am so jealous of your frog music,I absolutely love Spring peepers (as we called them) their song is magic to me.
    There is comfort in this poem .. I like it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blog far too infrequently, Mr. Goatman!

    I notice you're a "Deadwood" fan. I watched the series a few years ago, and I've just finished bingeing on it again via the streaming service, Stan. I love the series. I think I enjoyed it more the second time around.

    Such characters...Ian McShane, for one...was brilliant in his role...and I loved Jane...Calamity Jane.

    I must have a crazy sense of humour but I found much humour in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Milch, who wrote Deadwood, also did the Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue cop series. His humor comes out in his dialog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wAnt to be that, I am working to be that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mr. Goatman, I always find comfort knowing relevant wisdom existed in the 13th century. I wonder if this means human wisdom is inherent or that we have learned nothing.

    nice to make your acquaintance.
    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete